Travelers interested in slow tourism, in discovering traditions while respecting the environment and local culture can sign up for Slow Tourism.
Be part of the Association means promoting the spreading of best practices that safeguard the environment and valorize local culture; supporting businesses that work to make territories welcoming and sustainable places, experiencing itineraries that facilitate the discovery of still unknown places and communities.
Thanks to the Slow Tourism Passport, sustainable travelers will receive:
- our monthly newsletter within the activities and initiatives promoted by the Association and Slow Tourism Network
- a 10% discount granted by some of the Slow Tourism affiliated businesses;
- a welcome gift: the typology of the gift is decided by the hosting tourism business.
While travelling, the responsible traveler who joins the Association commits himself/herself to following the principles promoted by Slow Tourism. This means:
- Safeguarding the environment, cultural and artistic patrimonies, traditions and habits of the visited places;
- Looking for opportunities to meet and to get to know local communities by respecting their tradition and lifestyles;
- Limiting the use and consumption of natural resources favoring public means of transportation, services and activities that guarantee the least environmental impact possible;
- Contributing, with money spent during the stay, to support the local economy, and sustaining those businesses that show a higher level of environmental sustainability and the valorization of local identity;
- Promoting the tourism enterprises that participate in the Slow Tourism network by sharing its principles;
- Becoming an ambassador of the principles and values promoted by Slow Tourism.
WHAT IS IT?
- The official document that certifies the sharing of Slow Tourism’s principles and allows you to become a member of the association;
It identifies the holder as a sustainable and responsible traveler, interested in the preservation and promotion of the natural and cultural resources present in the places visited;
It is nominative and requires the payment of an annual fee of €15.00. It can be requested by filling out the form that you can find in “Becoming a MEMBER”;
After having received it by email, print it on recycled paper or save it directly as an image on your smartphone or tablet to always have it with you, especially during your holidays.
If you are a traveler and you wish to know more about us, click on the FAQ section.
Why should I become a member of Slow Tourism?
To support the association and the tourism businesses that together work to make territories welcoming and sustainable destination places. Travelers can find in Slow Tourism an association that promotes the spreading of best practices that safeguard the environment and valorize local cultures. Slow Tourism gives visibility to tourism that is accessible with traditional means of transportation but also by foot and bicycle. It facilitates the discovery of typical products, natural and cultural resources and especially those which are less known.
How can I become a member of Slow Tourism?
By paying an annual fee of €15.00.
What are the advantages accessible through the Passport?
This is the official document that attests the sharing of the most important Slow Tourism principles. Through the passport it is possible to:
- Receive the list of new services, events and offers made by tourism businesses that participate in our network;
- Obtain a 10% discount granted by some of the Slow Tourism affiliated businesses. Here the link to the tourism businesses that offer the discount;
- Be periodically informed about the activities and initiatives promoted by the Association to facilitate the participation in the Association. This will happen through communications in the web site www.slowtourism-italia.org, our newsletter and Facebook page and/or directly through communications by email;
- Receive a welcome gift: the typology of the gift is decided by the hosting tourism business;
- Suggest ideas and proposals to Slow Tourism on ways to strengthen and spread sustainable tourism in Italy and abroad.
Why write posts on il Daily Slow?
To share your travel experiences, giving value to the people and locations that contributed to making your vacation a unique and exiting experience. To narrate the beautiful things in your city, but also to enrich the debate relative to the environment and sustainability.